Forum posts stopped?

• May 18, 2023 at 4:18 pm #5809
      Phil Koenig
      Participant
          <li style=”text-align: center;”>There seems to be a sudden drop in post numbers lately.  Anyone else notice this?
      • May 19, 2023 at 9:57 pm #5810

Well, it sure as hell got quiet.

I almost daily check the site.  Especially the DSP forum.

We need to recruit.  But the only other forums I am part of is the music-dsp group and then Stack Exchange DSP.

It seems to me that this site should sorta come in for the replacement to rec.audio.pro .

• May 25, 2023 at 7:24 am #5812
        Bob Katz
        Keymaster

I went on vacation to Italy and then Finland for over 20 days and did not visit the forum once. Until I went away I would singlehandely always give a bit of promotion for the forum on my Facebook page, and it brought lot of visitors. The Board is going to get together shortly and discuss means of promotion for this excellent resource. In the meantime I suggest everyone who believes in the power of deep dialogue here at digido fora to put in a good word for it on your Facebook page! Thanks!

• September 20, 2023 at 5:32 am #5949
          Danniielle OConnor
          Participant

I must admit, I’ve been totally sucked into the Facebook world and it is very detrimental to my wellbeing.

I’ve set up my own forum on my website again and am planning to really add a lot more content there than i do on farcebuch. I’m also going to set up a links section on my forum and the Digido forum will be at the top of the list.

We are fighting a huge battle against Facebook but I have been hearing from others who are growing more and more discontent with the energy drain that farcebuch is.

Some have reached out to me and said they long for the days before Facebook where our own websites were the goto places for our communities. Yet they feel trapped in the Facebook web. Facebook is far more insideous than many realise. I’m growing to despise it, hence my push to actively limit my time there significantly.

I’d be quite happy if farcebuch got wiped out totally tomorrow to be perfectly honest.

• November 2, 2023 at 12:49 am #5959
            James Johnston
            Participant

If you think facecrook is bad, you should see nextdoor!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.