Dave Hill, RIP

• March 2, 2023 at 6:12 pm #5074
      Bob Katz
      Keymaster

I just learned this through Facebook. I had been planning on calling Dave now for weeks just to say hello and check in on him. My mind is totally wrecked by this news. Dave was my friend.

March 2, 2023
        It is with a heavy heart that we must share the passing of Dave Hill. He was one-of-a-kind inventor and designer. He will have a profound impact on the way sound is recorded for many years to come. All those who knew him know that he was giving of his knowledge and expertise. We know that all of us will miss him greatly.
        His designs and technology were constantly evolving. To that end he was working with two individuals that he has hand-picked to eventually carry on his legacy, and now that time has come far too early. Both Martin Reus and Ryan Rusch have each worked with Dave for a number of years developing an understanding of what will be necessary to continue moving his companies forward.
        We are and will continue to manufacture Dave’s products and implement the roadmap that he established for future developments. Dave clearly communicated that he wanted these companies to continue and so we will.
        Thank you,
        Tim Dorsey General Manager Crane Song Ltd. 2117 East 5th Street Superior, WI 54880

• March 3, 2023 at 10:41 am #5078
        Dave Tremblay
        Participant

Me too. Back in the days when I was working on the AAX plug-in format, he was a kind thoughtful person to discuss issues and get objective feedback. For years after that, he was one of my favorite people to chat with at the NAMM shows…

• March 5, 2023 at 4:54 pm #5092

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.