Dannii here saying hi from Australia

• January 31, 2023 at 11:58 pm #4501
      Danniielle OConnor
      Participant

Hi everyone,

Danniielle O’Connor here from Australia. Great to see this wonderful new resource, independent from the volatility of social media here.

I’m a recording, mixing and mastering engineer with four decades experience. I’m also a dedicated musician and play keyboards, guitar, bass, drums and trumpet. I started in 1984 with a Roland Juno 6 synthesizer, Studiomaster Studio 4 four track and an Akai 4000DS MKII two track, 1/4″ deck.

Music and audio engineering has been an almost lifelong passion (some would say obsession!) for me and I have no plans of slowing down.

I spend much of my time in my studio these days working on my own albums but I have engineered for many very well known Australian artists over the years.

Great to be here!

• February 1, 2023 at 12:14 am #4503
        Bob Katz
        Keymaster

Welcome, Dannii! I’ll never learn to spell your name right. The cool thing is I’m posting at midnight Wednesday while it’s around noon Thursday your time.

• February 1, 2023 at 7:54 pm #4559
          Allan Klinbail
          Participant

Hi Dannii,

Allan Klinbail here from Melbourne… (actually Dandenong Ranges – Wurundjeri Land).  Nice to meet a fellow Antipodean..

I’ve been arount the electronic music scene in Melbourne for a couple of decades (encroaching 3) .. .Done a  bit of live mixing for a couple of heavy bands and also at some community festival type things..

Only really been mastering at a semi professional (have a day job in IT still ugggh) have done a couple of paid mixing jobs (I really love it but can’t really take on clients while I’m part time.. just take too long to finish projects)..

Anyway.. I was really happy to see an Australian.. I know there are a few others that may pop up..

• March 22, 2023 at 6:00 am #5546
            Danniielle OConnor
            Participant

Thanks Bob and Allan for the lovely welcome. 🙂

Bob, no stress about spelling. The easiest way to remember is to think Dannii Minogue and Elle McPherson and combine their first names.

Allan, Wurundjeri land is so beautiful. I have family in Mount Evelyn and was born in Melbourne. I grew up in Geelong (Watharong mob) and did a lot of live engineering around Victoria mostly throughout the early to mid 90s and mid 2000s.

• March 22, 2023 at 9:43 am #5551
              Bob Katz
              Keymaster

Our friend Mark Bassett here is a moderator in the Education forum and hails from Oz.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.